LAURIE LAINE STEFFENS, MS, LPC
Laurie is a Licensed Professional Counselor operating within the dynamic of therapy as a generalist. A longtime resident of Tucson, she has been actively involved in serving the local community through volunteer work in various non-profit outreaches that have served the populace for over 30 years. She eagerly is reinventing herself and her contribution within the mental health field seeking new ways to support the healing of others and focusing on education to expand current intervention modalities and skills.
Therapy’s goal is to meet the client where they are and support them in their pursuit of mental health. Laurie is driven to work within the constructs of everyone’s nature and spirituality, while working to support all aspects of their identity representing what is significant and the most meaningful to them. With academic pursuits, Laurie wants to continue to learn new modalities and intervention tools that will aid clients on their own wellness journey.
Laurie has authored three biographical books of faith and God’s amazing work in the lives of local spectacular women and is currently working on a fourth story about victory over adversity. Modalities for therapy include Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), with emphasis on trauma and grief using Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT), and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). As well, Laurie is working with married couples using Emotionally Focused Therapy and Focus Marital Therapy (FMT) to help restore communication skills and harmony to the marital relationship. Laurie will see clients primarily at our East side location but has hours available on Wednesdays (only) at the Northwest office. In addition, limited hours are available on Saturdays.
One of her favorite quotes which guides her in developing specialized therapeutic treatment for each client and facilitates building a strong therapeutic bond is from Carl G Jung, “Master all theories, master all techniques, but when you touch a human soul, be solely another human soul.”
- Bachelor’s Degree, University of Arizona, Journalism & Creative Writing
- Master’s Degree, Grand Canyon University, Licensed Professional Counselor
Location & Schedule:
- Northwest Office: Wednesday’s only from 10 AM to 5 PM
- Eastside Office: Tuesday and Thursday 10 AM to 6 PM
- Eastside Office: Friday 11 AM to 5 PM
- Eastside Office: Saturday from 11 AM to 4 PM
- Telehealth options (ZOOM and telephonic delivery) available via pre-arrangement
- NOTE: Days-off are Sundays and Mondays
- Adolescents 12+
- Individuals 18+
- Aetna, BC/BS, TriCare, Cigna, United Healthcare, Meritain Health, and others
- $150 per 50-minute session
- Sliding Scale (based on provable income)
- Life Coaching Certification from Life Purpose Institute of California since 2013